See publications in Google Scholar
- Template-Stripped Ultra-Smooth Aluminum Films (0.2 nm RMS) for the Surface Forces Apparatus, C. D. van Engers, Z. D. Lamberty, P. M. McGuiggan, and J. Frechette*, Langmuir.
- Confinement Enhanced Luminescence in Protein-Gold Nanoclusters, P. Roberts, J. K. Perry, R. K. Gupta, S. P. Karna*, and Joelle Frechette*, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 11, 10278-10282.
- Dynamic adhesion due to fluid infusion, Y. Wang, Z. Feng, and J. Frechette, Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 50, 101397.
- Surfactant-stabilized spontaneous 3-(trimethoxysilyl) propyl methacrylate nanoemulsions, D. Neibloom, M.A. Bevan, and J. Frechette, Langmuir 36 (1), 284-292
- Multifunctional Liquid Marble Compound Lenses, D. Shin, T. Huang, D. Neibloom, M.A. Bevan and J. Frechette – Applied Materials & Interfaces, 11, 34478-34486, 2019.
- Criterion for particle rebounds during wet collisions on elastic coatings, M. R. Tan, Y. Wang and J. Frechette – Phys. Rev. Fluids, 4, 084305, 2019.
- Contribution of surface energy to pH dependent underwater adhesion of an acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive, P. Karnal, A. Jha, H. Wen, S. Gryska, C. Barrios* and J. Frechette* – Langmuir, 35, 155151-5161, 2019.
- Promoting rotation, friction, and mixed lubrication for particles rolling on microstructured surfaces, B. K. Ryu, R. J. Hommel, P. Roberts and J. Fréchette – Phys. Rev. E, 99, 022802, 2019.
- Dynamic Effects on the Mobilization of a Deposited Nanoparticle by a Moving Liquid-Liquid Interface, T. Yin, D. Shin, J. Frechette, C. E. Colosqui and G. Drazer – Physical review letters 121 (23), 238002. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.238002
- Morphology of soft and rough contact via fluid drainage, Y. Wang and J. Frechette – Soft Matter. DOI: 10.1039/C8SM00884A
- Nanoparticle Adsorption Dynamics at Fluid Interfaces, X. Hua, J.Frechette and M. A. Bevan – Soft Matter. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1039/C8SM00109J
- A Review of Winkler’s Foundation and its Profound Influence on Adhesion and Soft Matter Applications, D. A. Dillard, B. Mukherjee, P. Karnal , R. C. Batra and J. Frechette – Soft Matter. DOI: 10.1039/C7SM02062G
- Competitive adsorption between nanoparticles and surface active ions for the oil-water interface, X. Hua, M. Bevan and J. Frechette – Langmuir. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b00053
- A multifunctional force microscope for soft matter with in situ imaging, P. Roberts, G. A. Pilkington, Y. Wang,. and J. Frechette – Review of Scientific Instruments, 89, 043902, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5018332
- Importance of substrate functionality on the adhesion and debonding of a pressure sensitive adhesive under water, P. Karnal, P. Roberts, S. Gryska, C. King, C. Barrios and J. Frechette – ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. DOI: 10.1021/acsami.7b13984
- Elastic Deformation of Soft Coatings Due to Lubrication Forces, Y. Wang, M. Tan and J. Frechette – Soft Matter. DOI: 10.1039/C7SM01061C
- Peeling Flexible Beams in Viscous Fluids: Rigidity and Extensional Compliance, C. Dhong and J. Frechette – Journal of Applied Physics. DOI: 10.1063/1.4974910
- Rolling spheres on bio-inspired microstructured surfaces, B. Ryu, C. Dhong and J. Frechette – Langmuir. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.6b0415
- Elastic Deformation in Dynamic Force Measurements in Viscous Fluids, Y. Wang, G. Pilkington, C. Dhong and J. Frechette – Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science. DOI:10.1016/j.cocis.2016.09.009
- Reversible partitioning of nanoparticles at the oil-water interface, X. Hua, M. Bevan and J. Frechette – Langmuir, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.6b0225
- Scaling Hydrodynamic Boundary Conditions of Microstructured Surfaces in the Thin Channel Limit, G. Pilkington, R. Gupta and J. Frechette – Langmuir. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b04134
- Large Out-of-contact Elastohydrodynamic Deformation Due to Lubrication Forces, Y. Wang, C. Dhong and J. Frechette – Physical Review Letters. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.115.248302
- Micropatterned Charge Heterogeneities Via Vapor Deposition of Aminosilanesole, C. Pick, C. Argento, G. Drazer and J. Frechette – Langmuir. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b02771
- Coupled effects of applied load and surface structure on the viscous force during peeling, C. Dhong and J. Frechette – Soft Matter. DOI: 10.1039/c4sm02616k
- Role of substrate aspect ratio on the robustness of capillary alignment, D. Broesch, E. Shiang and J. Frechette – Applied Physics Letters. DOI: 10.1063/1.4866459
- Label-free brain injury biomarker detection based on highly sensitive large area organic thin film transistor with hybrid coupling layer, W. Huang, K. Besar, R. LeCover, P. Dulloor, J. Sinha, J. F. Martínez Hardigree, C. Pick, J. Swavola, A. D. Everett, J. Frechette, M. Bevan and H. E. Katz* – Chem. Sci., 2014, 5, 416-426. DOI: 10.1039/C3SC52638K
- Fabrication and visualization of capillary bridges in slit pore geometry, D. Broesch and J. Frechette – Journal of Visualized Experiments. DOI: 10.3791/51143
- Curvature of capillary bridges as a competition between wetting and confinement, D. Broesch, F. Dutka and J. Frechette – Langmuir, 2013, 29 (50), pp 15558–15564. DOI: 10.1021/la403529j
- Interferometry of surfaces with well-defined topography in the surface force apparatus, R. Gupta and J. Frechette – Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 412, 82-88, 2013.
- Inertia and scaling in deterministic lateral displacement, T. J. Bowman, G. Drazer and J. Frechette – Biomicrofluidics 7, 064111 (2013). DOI: 10.1063/1.4833955
- Analysis of the trajectory of a sphere moving through a geometric constriction, S. Risbud, M. Luo, J. Frechette and G. Drazer – Phys. Fluids 25, 062001 (2013).
- From concave to convex: capillary bridges in slit pore geometry, D. Broesch and J. Frechette – Langmuir 2012, 28 (44), 15548-15554.
- Measurement and scaling of hydrodynamic interactions in the presence of draining channels, R. Gupta and J. Frechette – Langmuir 2012, 28, 14703-14712.
- Electrostatic interactions to modulate the reflective assembly of nanoparticles at the oil-water interface, M. Luo, G. K. Olivier and J. Frechette – Soft Matter 2012, 8, 11923-11932.
- Role of Solution and Surface Coverage on Voltage-Induced Response of Low-Density Self-Assembled Monolayers, M. Luo, A. Amegashie, A. Chua, G. K. Olivier and J. Frechette – J. Phys. Chem. C., 116 (26), 13964-13971.
- Force driven separation of drops by deterministic lateral displacement, T. Bowman, J. Frechette and G. Drazer – Lab Chip 2012, 12, 2903-2908.
- Modulating contact angle hysteresis to direct fluid droplets along a homogeneous surface, M. Luo, R. Gupta and J. Frechette – ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2012, 4,890-896.
- Impact of Pinning of the Tripple Contact Line on Electrowetting Performance, R. Gupta, D. Sheth, T. Boone, A. Sevilla and J. Frechette – Langmuir 27, 2011, 14923–14929.
- Irreversibility and pinching in deterministic particle separation, M. Luo, F. Sweeney, S. Risbud, G. Drazer and J. Frechette – Applied Physics Letters 99, 2011.
- Electrochemical Stability of Low-Density Carboxylic Acid Terminated Monolayers, M. Luo and J. Frechette – J. Phys. Chem. C, 114(47), 2010, 20167-20172.
- Invariance of the Solid-Liquid Interfacial Energy in Electrowetting Probed via Capillary Condensation, R. Gupta, G. Olivier and J. Frechette – Langmuir 26(14), 2010, 11946-11950.
- Factors Governing the Reversible Change in Ionic Permeability of a low-Density Monolayer, G. Olivier, D. Shin and J. Frechette – Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 639 (2010) 50-58.
- Directional locking and the role of irreversible interactions in deterministic hydrodynamics separations in microfluidic devices, M. Balvin, E. Sohn, T. Iracki, G. Drazer and J. Frechette – Physical Review Letters, 103, 078301, 2009.
- Supramolecular Ion-Pair Interactions to Control Monolayer Assembly, G. Olivier, D. Shin, J. Gilbert, L. M. A. Monzon and J. Frechette – Langmuir, 25 (4), 2159 – 2165, 2009.
- Directional Locking and Deterministic Separation in Periodic Arrays, J. Frechette and G. Drazer – Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 627, 379-401, 2009.
- Making Breaking, and Shaping Contacts by Controlling Double Layer Forces, J. Frechette and T. K. Vanderlick – Industrial & Engineering Chemical Research, 48, 2315-2319, 2009.
- Resolving Radial Composition Gradients in Polarized Confocal Raman Spectra of Individual 3C-SiC Nanowires, J. Frechette and C. Carraro –Journal of the American Chemical Society, 128, 14774, 2006.
- Diameter-Dependent Modulation of the Polarization Anisotropy in Raman Spectra of Individual Nanowires, J. Frechette and C. Carraro – Physical Review B, 74, 161404, 2006.
- Effect of temperature on in-use stiction of cantilever beams coated with perfluorinated alkylsiloxane monolayer, J. Frechette, R. Maboudian and C. Carraro – Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 15 (4), 737-744, 2006.
- Thermal Stability of Perfluoroalkylsiloxane Monolayer on Si(100), J. Frechette, R. Maboudian and C. Carraro – Langmuir, 22, 2726-2730, 2006.
- Electrocapillary at Contact: Potential-Dependent Adhesion between a Gold Electrode and a Mica Surface, J. Frechette and T.K. Vanderlick – Langmuir 21, 985-991, 2005.
- Control of adhesion and surface forces via potential dependent adsorption of pyridine, J. Frechette and T. K. Vanderlick – Journal of Physical Chemistry B 109, 4007-4013, 2005.
- Double layer forces over large potential ranges as measured in an Electrochemical Surface Forces Apparatus, J. Frechette and T. K. Vanderlick – Langmuir, 17, 7620-7627, 2001.
Proceedings and Book chapter:
“Effect of harsh environment on surfactant-coated MEMS” – J. Frechette, R. Maboudian and C. Carraro, Invited Book Chapter, in “The Role of Surfactants in Tribology”, Edited by: Girma Biresaw and Kash Mittal, 2008.
“Gel mineralization as a model for bone formation” – P. Calvert, J. Frechette and C. Souvignier, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 520, Nanostructured Powders and Their Industrial Applications 1998, pp. 305-311
“Mineralization of multilayer hydrogels as a model for mineralization of bone” – P. Calvert, J. Frechette and C. Souvignier, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 489 “Materials Science of the Cell” 1998, pp. 153-160.